Information And Service In Irregular Flight
The delay or cancellation flight is not the desire of airlines and passengers. Vietnam Airlines shall make every effort to take care of you as well as possible due to our fault. We sincerely apologize and hope to receive your sympathy.
1. Services provision at the airport
The passenger having confirmed ticket and having been informed of the delayed/cancellation shall be provided with following service:
- From 1hour to less than 2 hours: Drink
- From 2 hours to less than 6 hours: Meal and drink
- More than 6 hours: Accommodation
2. Compensation payment
In case of long delay, cancellation or denied boarding on flights departing from Viet Nam, passengers shall be compensated as Circular 14/2015/TT-BGTVT dated 27/04/2015 signed by the Minister of Transport on non-refundable advance compensation in air transport. For flights outside Viet Nam, compensation shall be applied in compliance with the current law of concerned countries or our regulations.
3. Waiver of liability
Under the provisions of the Government of Vietnam relevant countries, we shall be exempt obligation to provide services and compensation in the following cases:
- The delay or cancellation flight caused by Force Majeure conditions as Act of God, war, strike, aviation security, request of competent authorities…
- We prove that passengers have been informed of the cancellation no later than 24 hours prior to the STD; or that passengers have not registered their contact address; or failure to contact with their registered address.
- If passenger is denied boarding due to the passenger ‘s reasons (health status, disease, passenger’s failure to comply with Carrier’s Conditions of Carriage/ The terms and conditions of the contract of carriage/ laws and regulation…), aviation security, request of authorities…
- Other Force Majeure events occur.
In situations with delay/cancellation, passenger’s ticket is made according to law and our regulation.
All restrictions, penalty fees, additional fare and surcharges (if any) are waived for passengers travelling on domestic or international flights departing from Vietnam in the following cases (i) the confirmed flight delays more than 2 hours; (ii) The confirmed flight departs earlier than scheduled; (iii) passengers are denied boarding on the confirmed flight. Please contact Vietnam Airlines for more details.
Passengers may access legal document as follows for more information:
- Law on Civil Aviation of Vietnam
- Circular 36/2014/TT-BGTVT dated 29 August 2014 of the Ministry of Transport regulating the quality of passenger services at airports
- Circular 81/2014/TT-BGTVT dated 31 December 2014 of the Ministry of Transport providing for air carriage and general aviation
- Circular 14/2015/TT-BGTVT dated 27 April 2015 of the Ministry of Transport on non-refundable advanced compensations in air transportation of passengers
- EC261/2004 dated 11/02/2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights
- General conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage of Vietnam Airlines