Golden Lotus Plus Program (referred to hereinafter as GLP) is the frequent flyer program of Vietnam Airlines.
GLP is managed and operated by the Frequent Flyer Program Center (referred to hereinafter as FFP Center), which is a part of Vietnam Airlines.
The FFP Center may in its absolute discretion modify GLP structure and benefits at any given time with (or without) prior notice.
The Terms and Conditions should be well considered and accepted by Members, Members are compelled to adhere to all these terms and conditions.
The FFP Center shall not accept any responsibility or liability in the event of non-availability, impossibility of reservation, or issuance of awards due to or in connection with the termination of partnership, the changing of flight schedule, the changing of GLP program partner’s regulations or any other reason beyond GLP Center control.
The FFP Center shall not be liable to any member for the refusal of granting awards and resolving members’ GLP accounts in case of detecting errors in crediting miles or trading the awards.
The FFP Center shall not be liable to any member in providing a part or full benefits of GLP program reserving for GLP members.
The FFP Center reserves the right to audit any and all accounts in the Program at any time and without notice to the Member to ensure compliance with Program rules and applicable conditions of carriage.
In case an audit reveals discrepancies or violations, the processing of Awards, Qualifying and Bonus Miles accrual or Mileage Summaries may be delayed by the FFP Center. The FFP Center reserves the right to cancel miles that have been added, downgrade membership tier, close member account, or revoke membership if to be sure that the number of miles has been added incorrectly due to fraud or system errors.
The FFP Center may, in its absolute discretion, terminate an individual’s membership in case of serious violation of GLP terms and conditions or upon the member’s death. Member may also terminate their membership by sending a written notification. At the time of termination, all outstanding Miles will be cancelled
The FFP Center and/or Vietnam Airlines will be dispensed from any liability or member’s claim for compensation in relation to GLP.
The FFP Center reserves the right to inform security officers about any serious misbehavior of a Member or discrepancies in the Member’s account.
The FFP Center reserves the right to exchange information with Partners or their agents for auditing purposes.
The FFP Center may, in its discretion, revoke membership in case of violation of GLP terms and conditions.
Violations of GLP terms and conditions include:
- Misconduct, fraud, misuse of awards or appliance which are provided to Member by GLP;
- Having committed acts that are against GLP, Vietnam Airlines, or program partners;
- Having committed acts that outrage or assault airlinesstaff;
- Having committed acts that threaten airlines security;
- Other acts which are recognized by GLP Center as violation of GLP terms and conditions.
Membership tiers, membership cards and miles cannot be transferred, inherited or mortgaged.
These terms and conditions govern all relationship between GLP and its Members.
1. GLP membership is open to any individual aged 2 or over whom, regardless of nationality, has citizenship and a mailing address in any region where GLP applies and is not prohibited by the law of his/her home country. (5.1 GLP Regulation)
Agencies and organizations are not allowed to participate as an individual GLP member.
2. An eligible person can join GLP by access the Website http://www.vietnamairlines.com and follow the instructions to registed as a GLP member. (5.2.a GLP Regulation)
3. Once an online Application Form of a person has been accepted by GLP Center, he/she will become a Registered Member and receive a permanent membership number. Member should present this number whenever making reservation and checking-in for flights. (5.2.b GLP Regulation)
4. The Member is responble for providing the GLP Center with the Member’s correct mailing address for GLP communication. If a Member changes his/her mailing address, email address or telephone number, the Member are required to notify GLP in writing or via GLP’s website without any undue delay. The GLP Center will not be responsible or liable for any loss of printed materials sent to a member as a result of a member’s failure to notify personal informaion changes. (5.2.c GLP Regulation)
5. A member will be provided a confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN) by GLP Center. A PIN will be used as an individual password that protects member’s account from unauthorized access. Members must ensure that this number is not disclosed to any unauthorized parties. The PIN is required when Member informs GLP Center all changes of personal data and accessing to their accounts via Internet. The GLP Center shall not be liable for the consequences of any disclosure of the PIN by Member or unauthorized use of the PIN. (4.19 GLP Regulation)
6. Membership status: A member will acquire Silver, Titanium, Gold or Platinum membership status depending on the number of qualifying miles credited to their membership account. Members will receive privileged services in accordance with their membership status. (5 GLP Regulation)
7. Member status is valid during qualifying periods of 12 months only (except Silver membership cards having timeless validity). Depending on the number of qualifying miles credited in member’s account within qualifying period, member recognition levels may be changed. Members will receive new membership cards after qualifying period one time. After that, if the members lose their cards or they can not receive their cards owing to the change in their address, the GLP Center will reissue membership card with the fee equivalent to 2,000 miles. (4 GLP Regulation)
8. In case membership cards are lost or damaged, the member must notify the GLP Center in writing, fax or email immediately.
9. In the new qualifying period, Titanium, Gold and Platinum Members who do not meet the standart for maintaining membership tier, will become a member of a lower membership tier, corresponding to the number of miles accrued in the period. (5.4.b GLP Regulation)
10. Qualifying period: A Period of 12 consecutive months counting from the month the Member was accepted to join the program. (4.17 GLP Regulation)
11. The FFP Center may, with its absolute discretion, revoke membership in case of violations of GLP terms and conditions,when Members voluntarily withdrawal from GLP, the death of members, etc… In any case, the member will be dismissed and all miles left in the account will be cancelled. (5.5 GLP Regulation).
Miles and Earn miles
12. Mile is basic unit of GLP program. Each unit is equivalent to 1 mile.
Miles are divided into two types: Bonus Miles and Qualifying Miles. (4.26 GLP Regulation)
13. Bonus miles are miles which members accumulate when using products and services of Vietnam Airlines and GLP’s partners. In addition, members have the opportunities to accumulate bonus miles through Vietnam Airlines’ promotions, membership tier bonus privileges and some other situations as reported in advance by GLP. (4.27 GLP Regulation)
Bonus miles are valid for at least 2 years and up to 3 years, depending on the date of joining the membership program and the date those miles are accumulated. Bonus miles will be deducted every time members redeem awards. (4.27 GLP Regulation)
14. Qualifying miles are miles which members accumulate when flying with tickets purchased in eligible booking classes on Vietnam Airlines’ and SkyTeam airlines’. In addition, members can buy qualifying miles from GLP center. (4.28 GLP Regulation)
Qualifying miles are used to determine whether the membership tier is maintained or renewed. Qualifying miles are valid for a period of 12 months. At the beginning of the next qualifying period the number of accrued qualifying miles is reset to zero. (4.28 GLP Regulation)
In addition, members can earn more additional qualifying miles following the promotion campaign by Vietnam Airlines.
15. Miles can not be inherited or combined with miles earned by another member (except the cases when member buys miles from GLP or transfers miles to other members written in Purchasing and transferring miles).
16. Eligible flights are those of Vietnam Ailines or any other airlines in the SkyTeam with paid ticket of eligible booking classes for crediting miles and as specified in section “Earn Miles”.
17. All membership tiers including Registed members can earn miles when buying and using products or services of Vietnam Airlines or any airlines of SkyTeam and accumulate bonus miles when buying and using products and services of Vietnam Airlines, non-SkyTeam airlines, non-airlines partners which Vietnam Airlines has bilateral agreement of GLP program. (6.1.a GLP Regulation)
Members can claim qualifying miles on Vietnam Airlines and SkyTeam flights six months prior to the enrollment date. (6.1.a GLP Regulation).
18. A member may have only one membership account, in which all accumulated miles and award redemptions are recorded. (6.1.b GLP Regulation)
19. If an eligible flight is not operated for any reason including, but not limited to, weather, mechanical irregularities, cancellations, or delays, and a member does not or can not board that flight, miles will not be credited to such member’s account. (6.1.d1 GLP Regulation)
20. If, however, a member is able to board another eligible flight, miles will be credited on the basis of the actual flight. (6.1.d2 GLP Regulation)
21. If a GLP member is also a member of other frequent flyer program of GLP’s partners, this member is only allowed to credit miles to one frequent flyer program account for each flight. (6.1.d3 GLP Regulation)
22. Miles are not credited for tickets that are banned, expired, GLP award tickets, GLP partners award tickets or other ID/AD tickets. (6.1.d4 GLP Regulation)
23. Miles are earned on the basis of the class of service booked and paid for, regardless of the class of service actually used by a member, except announced otherwise. (6.1.d5 GLP Regulation)
24. In case member upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class or from Business Class to First Class by paying additional fare, miles credited to the member’s account will be for Business Class or First Class respectively. (6.1.d6 GLP Regulation)
25. Members who buy First Class or Business Class tickets that are downgraded are entitled to compensation according to the current regulations of Vietnam Airlines and miles are credited based on actual flight class. (6.1.d7 GLP Regulation)
26. Miles are not credited for excess-baggage or extra seats booked by members on the same flight. (6.1.d8 GLP Regulation)
27. Purchased tickets which have not been used will not be credited miles. (6.1.d9 GLP Regulation)
28. Golden Lotus Plus members can earn miles on the below flights:
29. The regular International and Domestic operated by Vietnam Airlines flights, except the charter flights. All detail concerning are outlined in “Earn Miles with Vietnam Airlines” (6.3.a GLP Regulation)
30. Flights operated by airlines of SkyTeam. All detail concerning are outlined in “Earn Miles with SkyTeam Airlines” (6.3.b GLP Regulation)
31. Flights which are operated by a non-SkyTeam airlines and marketed as a SkyTeam airlines (if specificed in the bilateral agreement of the GLP Program between Vietnam and other airlines in the SkyTeam alliance). (6.3.c GLP Regulation).
32. Flights operated by non-SkyTeam airlines which Vietnam Airlines has a bilateral agreement of GLP Program. (6.3.d GLP Regulation)
33. Flights which are operated by Vietnam Airlines and marketed by a non-SkyTeam airlines which Vietam Airlines has a bilateral agreement of GLP Program. (6.3.e GLP Regulation)
34. Some international flights on which Vietnam Airlines has code share agreements with other non-SkyTeam airlines. (6.3.f GLP Regulation)
35. Miles earned in promotional programs (6.4 GLP Regulation)
36. Member can earn extra miles from mile promotion program of Vietnam Airlines, partners which are informed in advance. (6.4.a GLP Regulation)
37. Goodwill miles would be awarded to the members who give the positive claims to Vietnam Airlines. (6.4.b GLP Regulation)
38. GLP Award tickets are issued on basic of deducting valid accumulated miles from the member’s account. GLP Award include:
- Award ticket on Vietnam Airlines or airline partners;
- Upgrade award in which all itineraries in the air-ticket are on Vietnam Airlines (carrier code is VN);
- Excess baggage award on VN flights;
- Other survices supplied by Vietnam Airlinesor partners.
39. Any taxes or duties arising out of or in connection with the receipt of GLP Award or benefits shall be responsibility of and borne by the beneficiary.
40. Award ticket is a ticket for traveling with Vietnam Airlines or other GLP airline partners on the basis of deducting valid accumulated miles in the member’s account. (7.1.a GLP Regulation)
41. The redemption group name list is a list of up to 7 individuals nominated by a Golden or Platinum Member who are allowed to use the rewards based on redemption miles from the member’s account. (7.1.c GLP Regulation)
42. To redeem for award, Members should make reservation, send online Award request or complete and sign an “Award Request Form”, then mail, fax or email it together with a copy of your Identity Card (ID)/Passport to the GLP Center, the nearest Vietnam Airlines Booking Office, or Vietnam Airlines’ overseas branch offices. We need to receive your Award Request prior to the departure at least 05 days (Apply to Platinum and Gold Members) and 07 days (Apply to Titanium and Silver Members). Members also indicate at which Vietnam Airlines’ booking office to pick up the award and mandatorily write your valid email address in order to receive your Award Certificate or any information concerned.
43. Members are entitled to redeem awards if the booking classes for the award tickets are still available. Booking classes for Award Ticket and Upgrade Award are also available during high seasons notified in GLP materials. (7.3.b GLP Regulation)
44. After receiving the “Award Request Form”, the GLP Center will, based on capacity control and the number of accumulated miles in the member’s account, process this request. In case the award request is not accepted, the GLP Center will notify Members as soon as possible.
If members have not received information award three to seven days after the date of sending award request, please contact the GLP Center, the nearest Vietnam Airlines Booking Office, or Vietnam Airlines’ overseas branch offices for more information.
45. Award Voucher is the document released by the GLP Center. Based on the voucher, branch offices of Vietnam Airlines grant award tickets to members. Award Vouchers are only valid for 45 days from the date of issue. (7.1.d GLP Regulation)
46. Award Receiving Authorization is the document (by form) in which member uses to assign someone else to receive award in branch offices of Vietnam Airlines. (7.1.e GLP Regulation)
47. Member and Redemption Group Reward tickets granted on the basic of a deduction of miles to members or individuals named on the Award Request. (7.2.a GLP Regulation)
48. Upgrade Award is granted, on the basis of deducting miles from the member’s account, to members or individuals named in the list of award receivers nominated in the award Request form, in conjunction with paid tickets that have all itineraries on Vietnam Airlines (carrier code is VN) with eligible booking classes for upgrading as regulated by the GLP. (7.2.b GLP Regulation)
49. Upgrade award ticket must comply with the restrictive conditions of Economy tickets respectively. In case of extension tickets, change of itinerary, upgrade award ticket is extended up to the ticket validity and change itinerary accordingly with no fee (applied for eligible Vietnam Airlines flights for award redemption). If the mileage deduction for a new itinerary is more than the old one, miles difference will be deducted from the member’s account. If the mileage deduction for the new itinerary is less than the old one, the mile difference is not re-credited to the member’s account. (7.2.b1.3 GLP Regulation)
50. The validity of an upgrade award corresponds with the paid economy ticket and is an inseparable part of the ticket. An upgrade award ticket will not change the restriction applied to that paid economy ticket. Once ticket have expired or have been refunded, the upgrade award is no longer valid and cannot be used to upgrade other tickets. Upgrade award is only valid when the whole itinerary of the paid ticket is with Vietnam Airlines. (7.2.b1.4 GLP Regulation)
51. Members or people in Redemption Group Member (applied for Platinum and Gold members) can get excess baggage award. (7.2.c1 GLP Regulation)
52. Excess baggage award is only applicable on flights operated by VN and when the carrier code shown on the ticket is VN. (7.2.c2 GLP Regulation)
53. All membership tiers including Registed member are entitled to exchange accrued miles for award tickets on flights of Vietnam Airlines, SkyTeam partners and other airlines which Vietnam Airlines has bilateral agreements of GLP program; or rewards as products or services of GLP Program partners. (7.3.a GLP Regulation)
Members are entitled to redeem award tickets in peak seasons on VN flights with the following conditions:
54. Miles required for awards in the peak season are twice as many as in off-peak period. (7.3.b1 GLP Regulation)
55. Reservation must be confirmed. (7.3.b2 GLP Regulation)
56. If the inbound or outbound flight of the itinerary is in peak season period, the double number of miles required shall only be redeemed for the flight taken in peak period. (7.3.b3 GLP Regulation)
57. The date of an award ticket can be changed if seats are available but miles will be deducted as for peak period. (7.3.b4 GLP Regulation)
58. Every year, members will be notified of peak time via GLP publications and the website of Vietnam Airlines. (7.3.b5 GLP Regulation)
59. Miles deducted for the award are based on the type of award ticket, itinerary, class service, and the distance between origin and the final destination of the flight following the award zone. The level is specified in the reward table. (7.3d GLP Regulation)
60. GLP members are not allowed to sell their awards to the others. The GLP Centre has the right to refuse to honor a reward that they believe to have been traded. (7.3.e GLP Regulation)
61. Miles accrual first will be deducted first (‘first in first out’ basis). (7.3.f GLP Regulation)
62. Miles will not be re-credited to the member’s account for issued award tickets and upgrade award ticket even if the award tickets, excess baggage awards or upgrade award tickets have not been used or have only been used in part, except for cases prescribed by Vietnam Airlines. (7.3.g GLP Regulation)
63. Award Redemption flights of Vietnam Airlines must be deducted according to Vietnam Airlines award chart. (7.3.h GLP Regulation)
64. Award Redemption flights of a SkyTeam airlines or combination flights of SkyTeam airlines and Vietnam Airlines must be deducted according to the award chart of SkyTeam and other airlines. (7.3.i GLP Regulation)
65. If the award redemption itinerary is a combination of different journeys, the number of miles deducted is the sum of the mileage deduction for each journey. (7.3.k GLP Regulation)
66. The number of miles required for award tickets for an infant or children over 2 years old is equivalent to the deduction of miles for an adult’s award ticket. (7.3.l GLP Regulation)
67. When traveling by award tickets on Vietnam Airlines flights, Gold and Platinum members can request one award ticket without having miles deducted for an infant under two years of age, who is registered on redemption group list and travel along with Gold, Platinum members without redemption miles. (7.3.m GLP Regulation)
68. Award tickets cannot have the carrier or itinerary changed, cannot have validity extended and cannot be refunded or re-issued in case of lost ticket but the date of the flight can be changed depending upon availability (Noted: peak season restrictions). (7.3.n GLP Regulation)
69. The expiry date for an award ticket is one (01) year from the date of issue. (7.3.o GLP Regulation)
70. Issued Award Vouchers are still valid, but member requests to change details such as name, itinerary or class. In this case the certificate may be re-issued with the following fees:
- Award Request less than 50,000 miles: deduct 3,000 miles. (7.3.p1 GLP Regulation)
- Award Request above 50,000 miles: deduct 6,000 miles. (7.3.p2 GLP Regulation)
71. If the mileage deduction for the new award request is more than the old, the mile difference will be deducted from the member’s account. (7.3.p3 GLP Regulation)
72. If the mileage deduction for the new award request is less than the old, the mile difference is not refunded to the member’s account. (7.3.p4 GLP Regulation)
73. A valid issued Award Voucher which has not been changed into an award ticket can be refunded to the membership account with a fee equal to 50% of the mileage deducted on the Certificate. (7.3.p5 GLP Regulation)
74. The regulations for an award itinerary and redeemed miles of an award ticket:
75. GLP award ticket is a journey of one flight or multiple flight sectors. Mileage deduction for one sector is calculated based on departure and destination of the flight. (7.3.q1 GLP Regualtion)
76. If there is no direct flight on the day, only one transit (less than 24 hours) is permitted in the journey (for maximum two sector). In this case, departure, transit point and last destination of the flight must not be over two award zones. For example: HAN-X/CDG-AMS, mileage deduction is calculated for sector HAN and AMS. (7.3.q2 GLP Regulation)
77. When two different award levels are involved in one journey which has one transit of less than 24 hours the higher award level will be applied for the whole journey. (7.3.q3 GLP Regulation)
78. GLP members are allowed to get their paid taxes and fees (excluding service fee, if any) when refunding the valid GLP award tickets without paying a refund fee. (7.3.s GLP Regulation)
79. GLP allows award users to request special services on Vietnam Airlines’ flights in accordance to Vietnam Airlines current regulations applied to paid tickets. When using award tickets on airline partners, GLP members must comply with the airlines partners’ regulations to use special services. (7.3.t GLP Regulation)
80. When Award Request is approved, Member presents his E-Award Certificate Number together with membership card and ID (or Passport) at the chosen booking office to receive Award.
Members may authorize another person to pick up the award. The authorized person must present his ID (or Passport) together with Authorization Form, E-Award Certificate Number and members’ ID (or Passport) and membership card to receive the Award.
If Members are under 18 years old, their parents and guardians will be allowed to collect the awards on their behalf without authorization papers. (7.3.u GLP Regulation).