1.What is Web check-in?
Web check-in is a convenient service that allows passengers to online check-in their flights with any devices connected to the Internet and accessed to Vietnam Airlines website
When using web check-in, passengers are able to choose available seat on flight by themselves, print online boarding pass or receive them via email/e-device.
2.What do I need to check-in online?
Passengers can check-in online with any devices connected to the Internet and accessed Vietnam Airlines website, and also need a printer to print boarding pass. Online Boarding Pass can be printed or sent via email/e-device
3.My booking is not confirmed, can I check-in online?
No. Web check-in is applicable only when you have a valid ticket with confirmed booking with Vietnam Airlines.
4.Am I able to check-in with wheelchair service request?
Currently, check-in online is not applying for passenger with special services requests (except for special meals). Passengers with special requests such as wheelchair need to check-in at the airport.
5.Which flights can I check-in online?
Currently,Web Check-in is applicable for Vietnam Airlines domestic and international flights departing from the following cities:
• Busan (PUS)
• Da Nang (DAD)
• Ha Noi (HAN)
• Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
• Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
• Phnom Penh (PNH)
• Siem Reap (REP)
• Seoul-Incheon Airport (ICN)
• Vientiane (VTE)
• Singapore (SIN)
• Tokyo-Narita Airport (NRT)
• Jakarta (CGK)
6.When can I check-in on the internet for my flights?
Web check-in is available beginning 24 hours up to 02 hours before the flight departure time.
7. Am I able to check-in on the internet for my travel group of 10?
If your group is equal or more than 10 people, you will have to do several times until completion ( less than 10 people for each times)
8.Am I able to check-in online for my return flights?
For rounded trips, web check-in is available from 24 hours to 2 hours before scheduled depature time of each flights
9.Can I change my seat after checking in online?
After finish, passengers can request frontline staffs at check-in counter to change seats or do it by themselves if these seats are still available. For more information, please visit Web Check In
10.What are steps to check-in online?
Passengers please follow below these steps:
1. Step 1: Enter required infomation: LAST NAME, depature airport, and:
Enter one of those optional information: Reservation code/ e-ticket number/ Vietnam Airlines’ FFP card number
2. Step 2: Choose correct name and flight for web check-in process.
3. Step 3: Enter passports’ information ( for destinations where passports’ information is required)
4. Step 4: Choose seat on flights
5 Step 5: Choose methods to receive Online Boarding Pass.
• If Passengers want to choose another seats, please start again from Step 1 to Step 5 and change seat in step 4.
• If Passengers want to self-print Online Boarding Pass, please print on A4 size in order to display all neccessary information in one page. In the case that Online Boarding Pass is printed in more than 1 page, please bring all of them to web check-in counters at airport.
• If Passengers want to receive Online Boarding Pass via emai/e-device, please visit web check-in counters at
airport to exchange Traditional Boarding Pass.
11.Why can't I check in online?
There are several possible reasons why you may not be able to check in online:
• Passengers may request Special Needs ( except for special meals)
• Passengers may be deportee, inadmissible.
• Passengers may travel with infants under 02 years.
• Passengers may travel with FOC, ID, AD tickets.
• Passengers may depart flights from airports not in the above list.
• Passengers may travel on flights operated by other airlines
• Passengers may travel on code-share flights between Vietnam Airlines and other airlines and these flights are operated by other airlines.
• Passengers’ bookings may be not confirmed
• Passengers’ tickets may be not issued
• Passengers may use other airlines’ FFP numbers to implement web check-in
• Passengers’ FFP numbers may be not yet updated in booking
• Passengers may use FFP numbers for more than 1 booking which have same departure airports from 24 hours to 2 hours before scheduled departure time
• Passengers may enter incorrect information
• Passengers may not do web check-in from 24 hours to 2 hours before scheduled departure time.
12.Goden Lotus Plus members can credit your earning point when using Web check-in?
Golden Lotus Plus members can credit your earning point directly to your account when you enter your GLP member ID during the Web check-in process.
ONLINE BOARDING PASS
13.What is Online Boarding Pass?
“Online boarding pass” is given to passengers by Vietnam Airlines after finishing web check-in process. They can be self-printed by passengers or received via email/e-device
Frontline staffs at airport check-in counter will check “Online boarding pass” and stamp on them or change to traditional boarding pass. After this, Passengers will go through Security lines/ Immigration Areas, Business Lounge before go onboard.
14.What should I do if I have problems printing my Online Boarding pass?
Web check-in can be completed only when you get your Online Boarding pass printed or receive them via email/e-device. If you fail to print your boarding pass or it is not printed properly, you please start again from step 1 and print Online Boarding Pass at step 5.
15.What are the earliest and latest times for printing my Boarding pass?
Similar to Web check-in, boarding pass can be printed from 24 hours up to 02 hours before scheduled departure time..
16.What do I need to print Online Boarding pass?
If Passengers want to self-print Online Boarding Pass, please print on A4 size in order to display all neccessary information in one page. In the case that Online Boarding Pass is printed in more than 1 page, please bring all of them to web check-in counters at airport.
If Passengers want to receive Online Boarding Pass via emai/e-device, please visit web check-in counters at airport to exchange Traditional Boarding Pass.
AT THE AIRPORT
17.After completing checking in online, what I need to do at the airport?
Be present at the Web check-in confirmation counter at least 45 minutes prior to departure time with your printed Online Boarding pass to have your Web check-in confirmed.
At the Web check-in confirmation counter, Vietnam Airlines' staff will check your identification documents and confirming your Web check-in by stamping on your printed Online Boarding pass or issue traditional boarding pass.
Having your printed Online Boading Pass stamped, proceed to the security gate to get to lounge and boarding gate.
18. What are the latest times for confirmation my printed Online Boarding pass?
In all cases, you must have enough time to complete all procedures at the airport. You must present your printed Online Boarding pass for confirmation at least 45 minutes prior to departure time. If you fail to confirm your Boarding pass by that time, your internet check-in will be canceled.
19. Where can I present my printed Online Boarding pass for confirmation ?
You can present your printed Online Boarding pass at web check-in counters
Information about web check-in counter will be on airports’ instruction signs
20. Is there any case that I have to check-in again or have my seat changed at the airport although I have completed my Web check-in?
As our Web check-in is aimed to provide the convenience for passenger when traveling with Vietnam Airlines, we try our best to reserve your checked-in seat when your internet check-in is completed and confirmed on time at the airport. However, in certain cases concerning flight safety/security or other necessary situations, Vietnam Airlines reserve the right to request internet checked-in passenger to check-in again at the airport’s counter, change position of seat without prior notice. For the flight safety, Vietnam Airlines seek your understanding if these situations occur.