Reservation and ticketing
1. Which flights are available for for booking on Vietnam Airlines website?
Online booking is available on international and domestic flights operated by Vietnam Airlines and some codeshare flights with our partner airlines.
2. How long before departure can I book and purchase tickets on Vietnam Airlines website?
You can book and purchase tickets at least 6 hours prior to departure with Immediate forms of payment and at least 12 hours with Pay later forms of payment.
3. Can I purchase tickets for infant(s) under 2 year olds on Vietnam Airlines website?
Yes, you can purchase tickets for infants without seat on Vietnam Airlines website. Please see details of Special need for Infants
4. How many passengers can I book on Vietnam Airlines website per transaction?
You can book a maximum of 6 passengers (not including infant under 2 years olds) in one transaction.
5. How can I find the best fare offered on Vietnam Airlines website?
When you search flight on Vietnam Airlines website, our system will display the best available fare. Please see details of Fare types and rules.
6. When purchasing tickets with Multiple Destination option, the system displays only the lowest available fare, how can I get a more flexible one?
Please divide your itinerary into one-way and/or roundtrip segments. Then you can purchase separated segment by selecting "One Way" and/or "Round Trip" option, system will display all available fares for your selection.
Pre-reserved Seat Service
1. Can I reserve my seat in advance?
Vietnam Airlines provide “Pre-reserved Seat” option that allows passengers to reserve their preferred seats during the booking process at www.vietnamairlines.com
- International flights operated by Vietnam Airlines; and
- Bookings made 24 hours before flight estimated departure time.
Fare type applied
- Business Flex
- Business Save
- Deluxe Economy Flex
- Deluxe Economy Standard
- Economy Flex
- Economy Standard
- Economy Save
Notice: Please note that your assigned seats are subject to change without prior notice due to any change in aircraft or other reasons
1. Which payment methods are available on Vietnam Airlines website?
We offer the following forms of payment:
- International Payment Cards
- Vietnam Airlines does not accept Virtual or single-use cards and reserve right not to provide service if they are used to purchase tickets on Vietnam Airlines website.
- The cardholder is not required to be in the travelling party.
- The card holder must verify payment card upon check-in at the airport or at Vietnam Airlines Branch before travelling.
- Vietnam Airlines headquarter is located in Vietnam, Vietnam Airlines shall not be responsible for any fees may be levied by the issuing bank while purchasing tickets on Vietnam Airlines website. Please check with your issuing bank for details of the fees if any.
- Vietnam Local Payment
- Pay now with Vietnam Domestic Cards issued by the following banks
- Vietcombank - VCB
- Techcombank - TCB
- Vietnam International Bank - VIB
- Eximbank of Vietnam - EIB
- DongA Bank - DAB
- Asia Commercial Bank - ACB
- Military Bank - MB
- Maritime Bank - MSB
- Sai Gon Commercial Bank - STB
- Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam - BIDV
- An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank - ABBank
- Vietnam Prosperity Joint-Stock Commercial Bank - VPBank
- Pay later within 12 hours of booking and at least 12 hours before departure
- Pay at ATM machine by ATM cards issued by Vietconbank (VCB), Teckcombank (TCB), Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV)
- Pay by I Banking service of Teckcombank (TCB), Asia Commercial Bank (ACB), Vietcombank (VCB), TienPhong Bank (TPB), Vietinbank.
- Pay by cash at branches of Vietcombank (VCB), Techcombank (TCB).
- The cardholder is not required to be in the travelling party and not required to verify payment card
- Reservation and fare are not gurranteed until successful payment
2. How can I collect my ticket purchased online?
After successful payment, you will receive confirmation page with your reservation code. Please keep your reservation code for reviewing your itinerary and eTickets. Vietnam Airlines also send you the itinerary and eTickets to your registered email.
If you do not receive confirmation email of itinerary and eTickets from Vietnam Airlines within 30 minutes after successful payment:
- Please click View eTicket and follow below steps:
- Step 1: Input Reservation code, Passenger last name and click “View itinerary”
- Step 2: Input Registered email and click “View itinerary”
- Step 3: Click “View eTicket Receipt” to view your eTicket.
- Or contact Vietnam Airlines helpdesk for tickets purchased on the website via telephone number (84 - 4) 3 9381 835/3 9381 836, email email@example.com or Vietnam Airlines branch offices for support.
International Payment Card verification rule
1. How do I verify my Visa/MasterCard/JCB used to purchase air tickets on Vietnam Airlines website?
At the airport, the card holder must submit the Payment card, Passport, eTickets for verification upon check-in when it is required by Vietnam Airlines.
In case the card holder can not verify the payment card at the airport, the card holder must submit the payment card, Pasport, eTickets to verify at Vietnam Airlines branch offices
In case the card holder can not submit payment card for verification, Vietnam Airlines reserve right not to provide service or require passengers to purchase new tickets.
1. How do I rebook/reroute my tickets purchased on Vietnam Airlines website?
2. How do I refund my tickets purchased on Vietnam Airlines website?
For refunding your tickets purchased on Vietnam Airlines website www.vietnamairlines.com, please complete Refun request form
and email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address or contact Vietnam Airlines branche offices
Depending on the fare rules, the refund may be permitted with fee or not permitted. The refund will be credited to the payment card or payment account that was used to purchase the tickets.
1. After purchasing on Vietnam Airlines website, how can I get a receipt?
According to document No 64/2013/TT-BTC dated 28/09/2010 of Financial Ministry of Vietnam, Vietnam Airlines eTicket is a legal receipt. Boarding pass(es) should be used as the supporting document to prove the services taken.