Each passenger can carry onboard a free baggage allowance : two pieces for Business class passenger and one piece for Economy class passenger. Each piece has a maximum weight of 7kg and the sum of three dimensions shall not exceed 115 cm (56 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm) or (22 x 14 x 9 inches). In case your hand baggage exceeds the quantity, weight and dimensions as specified above, Vietnam Airlines reserves the rights to refuse to carry the baggage as carry-on baggage and request the baggage to be transported as checked baggage.
In general, Vietnam Airlines adopts the international standard hand baggage policy. Individual carriers may, however, apply a different hand baggage allowance. If your journey involves a connection to other carrier(s), you are advised to check with these carriers for details of their policies and ensure compliance.
Additional items could be carried on boardIn addition to free baggage allowance, each passenger may carry, without additional charges, the following personal objects for use during embarking, disembarking or onboard, provided that such objects are retained by passenger's custody:
- A handbag, pocket book or lady's purse, i.e., which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and is not used as a container for the transportation of articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage;
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket;
- An umbrella or walking stick (except one with metal-filled sharp pointed end)
- A laptop computer, a small camera and/or a binoculars;
- A reasonable amount of reading materials for in-flight reading only;
- Infant's food for consumption in flight;
- Infant's carrying basket or bassinet;
- A fully collapsible wheel chair.
- A pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use.
Restricted ItemsThe following items which in a passenger’s possession may be considered as weapons or dangerous objects and are not accepted as carry-on luggage:
If any of these items are found in your carry-on luggage, they will be confiscated by security, and not returned to you. Vietnam Airlines will not assume any responsibility for confiscated items. The above dangerous objects are only acceptable to carry as checked baggage.
- All knives, including hunting knives and others;
- Bludgeons, blackjacks, billy clubs or similar instruments;
- Any other device or object not commonly viewed as dangerous, but the possession of which suggests that it may be used as a weapon, namely, ice picks, straight (cut-throat) razors, long-blade scissors, etc.
Firearms and cartridges belonging to ordinary passengers and approved by government authority for carriage and those officials who have been assigned to travel on duty, such as a law-enforcement officers delivering criminals should be carried in the checked baggage. These passengers are required to surrender such arms and cartridges to the airlines prior to boarding for handling in accordance with air transport regulations.
Note: In order to avoid seizing liquid luggage in Frankfurt airport, Vietnam Airlines would like to inform passengers on flights to/from London which has one transit point in Frankfurt not to carry the liquids in hand luggage, include liquids bought in duty-free store to the flight.